Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day!

First of all, my Dad is the best in the world and I love him very much. He is such a good example of my Heavenly Father. He stays upbeat, even when life is rough. So, Daddy, if you are reading this, I love you. Thank you for being such a great and loving Dad.

I think it's time for new glasses. This morning in church we were singing along and there was a line in one of the songs about rubies. At first glance, I thought it said rabies. Yep. I'm a child of the King with rabies!

Today, Husband's Day in our home, was celebrated quietly. As soon as Nate got up this morning he opened the box of tools that he picked out a month ago for me to buy him. Power tools are the way to a man's heart. Only, I was worried he was going to lose an eye or a finger as he was playing with them.... After church we had a very quiet afternoon and then a really nice dinner at Chello's on the Waterfront. We shivered out on the patio and watched a few brave boats while the sun set. And now, my hero of a husband, is pawing through garbage bags looking for a rebate receipt that he accidentally threw away!

6 comments:

drewey fern said...

Hee hee hee - sorry to hear about the rabies:) I was always kind of shocked when I would mis-read things, or just get mixed up, and sing very blasphemous things - like "He is weak and I am strong." Ay ay ay. But somehow I doubt that God will hold our mis-reads against us:)

drewey fern said...

Hee hee hee - sorry to hear about the rabies:) I was always kind of shocked when I would mis-read things, or just get mixed up, and sing very blasphemous things - like "He is weak and I am strong." Ay ay ay. But somehow I doubt that God will hold our mis-reads against us:)

drewey fern said...

Speaking of mistakes...

Booker said...

Nate digging thru the trash. Oh Penny, I am so sorry. To think that things would have come to this state. If only you had known ealier...

Claire said...

Well, at least his wife didn't use the rebate as a piece of scrap paper to make a huge list on...Good grief. Poor Brad.

1smalldino said...

Nate digging thru the Trash!