Monday, September 19, 2005

Life

I'm taking a break from scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. This job is one among many that need to be done in the next two weeks. Sometimes when I'm cleaning here in the apartment, I feel like I take two steps forward and one step back. There is always something to be done! It never ends! We are not the types to sit on the couch with our hands folded. We LIVE here and therefore it gets messy. Sigh. At least the busier I am the faster time will go until we get to go to Georgia and look for a HOUSE! Hooray! I know, I know, I'll have more to clean. That's okay, though. I consider that a pleasant problem!

Yesterday Nate and I went to Providence with Paul and Laura. We walked around for a bit trying to find a place to have brunch. We failed, but ended up at a nice place for sandwiches. We even jaywalked right in front of three cops in our quest for good food. Woohoo. Life on the edge!

This morning in my Bible reading I read in 2 Chronicles about King Amaziah who, "did right in the sight of Jehovah, yet not with a whole heart." My prayer is that in all that I do for God whether just being a housewife or when Grandpa moves in with us in GA, or whatever else comes my way, I will serve God with all of my heart and with a good attitude.

That said, the laundry and the kitchen floor are calling me! Hooray!

3 comments:

Loreo said...

My kitchen floor is calling me, too, but I'm going to let it leave a message and get back to it later. =)

melrandall said...

Don't forget to save those books for Andrea and me! (I love how I communicate w/ you via internet though we're mere steps away...)

drewey fern said...

Ya ya! We wanna pack too! And hey, I'm pretty jolly good at cleaning too. I have been to Bible School, after all!