Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

And in honor of this green holiday, ladies and gentlemen, I have mown a lawn for the first time in my life! Unbelievable, I know, but Brad always did it when we were growing up and somehow, I've squeaked through my adult life so far without doing it, and finally today, I did it! I'm so excited. I really enjoyed it, and I think that Nate's thanking his lucky stars that I enjoy it! I'm sure that our neighbors were applauding that we were finally getting the lawn done. It was starting to look a little rough around the edges. They were probably laughing, too, because I was out there in one of my shorter spring skirts and had a silly grin on my face! I'm sure they're saying, "Guess what our crazy new neighbor did today!"

5 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Three cheers for fresh mown lawn!!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

YAY for the lawn mowing gal!!!

ljm said...

Go Penny! Girl power and all that...

Kristi said...

Hooray for Penny! I used to mow the law when I was younger, but haven't had to do it much since then. I did it twice last year and didn't enjoy it one bit!

Silas said...

You have grass down there?!