Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Baby Chicks and New Legs

I walked into the house for work today ready to get the kids going on cleaning and school work, and I was greeted with the sounds of chirping! No, the children weren't chirping. The baby chicks pictured on Silas' Blog, were all huddled together in a box under a lamp scrambling all over each other and chirping for all they were worth. So cute and fuzzy and fascinating to watch! And very loud, too! Harold, Prudence and Amanda kept pulling up chairs to stand on at the counter and watched them off and on through the day!

When we went outside today in the beautiful spring sunshine, Amanda kept begging me to push her. We've been trying to teach her to pump, which she can do if she puts her mind to it. So, I stood in front of her and told her that when she could reach me with her feet by pumping, I would push her for a while. Well, she struggled and struggled while her older sister Georgia on the next swing reached where I was with ease and said that it must be because her legs are longer. Amanda, still struggling, said, "Maybe Mommy can take me to the store to get me some longer legs!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!


Grace

Silas said...

I would like to clarify one thing. The chicks pictured on Silas's blog where from last year. Sadly most of them died. But keep posted for the real picture.

Tash.

pennyjean said...

Sorry Silas, my mistake. Aidan took some pictures today...maybe you could post one of those?

Kate said...

What a cutie! How are things going with Penny? Hey! I don't think I have your e-mail address? Are you getting e-mail reports from us or not?

Silas said...

Silas did not write the comment above.
it was Aidan. Hummp!

Anonymous said...

hmmf hunnf hunnf!!!

pennyjean said...

I'm sorry Aidan! One of these days I'll get it right!

Linds said...

All I want to know is WHERE IS THIS STORE WHERE I CAN GET LONGER LEGS???

Anonymous said...

At amanda's leg store.
Gost joking!

Grace

Anonymous said...

at amanda's leg store.
just goking!

Grace

Booker said...

do they have legs for guys?