Friday, April 01, 2005

Spring Has Sprung...mostly

As you can see from the pictures, the children and I enjoyed the weather yesterday! Hooray for warmth and for sunshine. I love spring! As I'm sure you've seen from Nate's blog, we even have crocuses--or croci-- whatever the plural is for crocus, we have them!
The other day the children's mom was fixing veal for their meal and we could smell it outside. Somehow, the subject came up that veal came from "dead baby cows." Grace, who is 9, said with dismay, "Veal really comes from dead baby cows?" I said with compassion, "yes it does."
She said, "No wonder it tastes so good!"

2 comments:

Silas said...

No wonder... so thats why. I always
thought veal was baby groundhog.

Anonymous said...

IT IS MADE FROM GROUNDHOGS!I thought it was made from goat meat or checken meat!!!!!!!!


Grace