Monday, April 11, 2005

Go Red Sox!

My favorite commercial right now is actually a McDonald's commercial. I don't like their food very much, but this commercial makes me laugh with glee almost every time I see it!

There is a man with a Red Sox hat on sitting in his car at a red light. He is just calmly sitting there waiting for the light to change, when all of a sudden he starts yelling, "WOOHOO!" and pumping his fists victoriously! Then the announcer says, "Every once in a while it just hits you all over again. They won!" Then they go on with their ad. But I love that first part:
They won! Woohoo!

10 comments:

Silas said...

TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHEEEEE Yankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss
WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Anonymous said...

McDonalds = Red Sox.

brilynne said...

makes me happy. let thy servant depart in peace....

Claire said...

I like that commercial too! The first time I saw it, I thought maybe a bee had gone down his shirt, he was moving so wildly...

I wonder if they will have commercials like that after Jesus comes back. "Sometimes it just hits you- He's BACK!" Although what they would be advertising escapes me. Details. But I think it would generate that same kind of feeling. Something you always wanted and it seemed like it would never happen...and IT HAPPENED!

Anonymous said...

TTTTTTHHHHHHHHEEEEEEE
REEEDSSSOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXSSSS
WIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

What a great sounding ad! Wish we
got them over here:)

I like your blog-very clever title too
I like it!

love
karena

Anonymous said...

GO!! RED SOX!!!!!HOMMF!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cool commercial, pandering to the overzealous fans from the norse. And claire, tsk tsk, such heresy, the only thing I will grant you is that the red sox winning is a sign of the times, not a metaphor of jubilation.
:-)

p.s. "weeeelll Heeellllloooo Penny!"

pennyjean said...

Wellll Helloooo, Ethaaan!!!!!

Booker said...

hmm. Well, I guess fans have a right to be happy. I mean, after being let down for over 3/4 of a century, it was only their right. Probably the Yanks felt sad for them and let them have it...