Wednesday, May 04, 2005

An Evening of Culture

All right, finally I'm updating. Part of why it has been a while, is that I've been sick for the past few days. I doubt you all want to hear about my runny nose, sinus pain, chills and mounds of used tissue beside the couch where I was huddled in misery. I also doubt you want to hear about the mounds of dishes and laundry that I have to take care of today as a result of being out of commission.

Last night, we had the pleasure of attending a concert! It was Connie's Senior Recital. She's the 18 year old in the family that I work for. This was the first time that most of the family met Nate! Harold just about jumped out of his skin with excitement when he saw us, and then he was super shy. For the first half, Georgia and Harold sat with us. Georgia and I had fun keeping time with our fingers and pretending that we were playing the piano. She also kept a running commentary up in my ear about all that I missed yesterday since I stayed home sick. Then, for the second half, Harold and Amanda sat with us. This time, Harold and I counted the songs until it was time for what he considered the best part of the night: The Food! We also kept a close eye on the stained glass windows getting darker and darker as the evening went on. What beautiful music, though! Connie played the viola, piano, and even sang Amazing Love with her mother. For those unfamiliar with the song, Kristi sings it on her CD. Some recitals can be long and boring, but this was a truly soul-refreshing experience. I'm so glad we went.

So, Brother Moon/Tash/Silas, you can get off my back about updating my blog!

10 comments:

Mrs. RF said...

Whew! Nice to hear that you are still alive! And so nice to hear about the concert! That sounds like a fun evening!

Booker said...

Hey! One doesn't have to be sick to let the dishes and laundry pile up! I take, oh um, never...mind...[very embarrassed]

pennyjean said...

At least this time I had an excuse...

Anonymous said...

HI Hotchoo-hotchoo! I can't talk anymore!

Grace

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT IT! MISS PENNY. CONNIES RESITEL WENT GREAT! WONDERFUL! BEAUITFUL!! STUNNING!! LILLY+0

Anonymous said...

Con't have said it better yourself,Lillyan!

This is mrs Math

Silas said...

"Being sick? Evening of cult-ure?''
What????

Claire said...

Ok, Pen...time for another update...!!!

pennyjean said...

My adoring public is never satisfied!

Anonymous said...

We only want an update so we can wait for another one.