Monday, May 30, 2005

A Good Day

Nate and I have had a good day off. We started the day doing major cleaning and tossing. Nate in the office and me in the kitchen. We were both so into our work that we forgot to eat until about 1 which was too late because we had to get ready to go to town to get the A/C fixed in my car. (When I told Brad while we were IM-ing earlier today, he told me that A/C is for wimps. I freely admit my wimpiness).

We decided that we should only take one car, because surely it wouldn't take too long for them to take care of our car and we could walk across the street and grab a bite to eat while we were waiting. Wrong. The place was teeming with people so we had to kill a little more time than we thought. We went to Applebees first and then to several stores. My husband is an awesome shopper. I am very lucky. After going to the dollar store which he enjoyed he then, without complaint, followed me patiently around a fabric store, a craft store and the Christmas Tree Shop. What a guy, huh?

After we picked up the car, we ran a couple of more errands and headed home. On our way home though, we stopped at an old cemetery. This is the second time we've done this and it's very fascinating to me to see these really old graves and wonder about the people buried there. Last time we went, we saw the grave of a woman buried in the 1800's with at least four smaller stones nearby where she had buried her children before her. I can't imagine the heartache.

Then (I know this is getting long, but I'm almost done), we stopped by the side of the road where a man had his telescope set up and he showed us an eagle's nest with two 9 week old eagles inside!!!

So, now we are home and Nate has fired up the grill so that we can have a delicious meal, and we are watching the Red Sox. Life is good.

5 comments:

Silas said...

So, now we are home and Nate has fired up the grill so that we can have a delicious meal of 9 week old eagles inside a bun. Life is good...

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the game, even thou the Red Sox have only got three hits and are losing seven to nothing.

1smalldino said...

Wait a minute I thought it is 17 to 2!
I guess I'm a little behind you guys!
I have a new blog, www.1smalldino.blo-
gspot.com.I hope somone will go to it?

Anonymous said...

at least it wasn't a shut-out.

Mrs. RF said...

Hi! That sounds like a great day! I would love to see 9 week old eagles!