Friday, November 18, 2005

A Peek Into Our Windows

As far as settling in goes, sometimes I feel like I am swimming in a sea of boxes and junk with my head barely above water. There are items that I have even unpacked and wondered why I bothered packing it and where in the world I am going to put it! Every once in a while Nate will holler out in frustration, "Let's throw away all of our stuff!"

Grandpa has been a happy resident of our basement for almost two weeks now. He's incredibly easy to please for meals. Partly because he puts either vinegar or BBQ sauce on just about everything and then compliments me on my cooking ability. He has done some raking for us and he loves being outside in this GA weather. Being a lover of children, he's been walking the street introducing himself to some of the local urchins, carefully writing their names down on a pad of paper he keeps in his pocket. He's getting a little deaf though, so when we are reading Friday emails together WE HAVE TO YELL! YES, WE HAVE VERY PEACEFUL SABBATH MEETINGS!

It has been so very fun having my family less than two hours away. Mom and I went shopping together this week, as did Claire and I. Claire even popped over to borrow some flour! What I love is that after we are all done being together there isn't a long drive at the end for someone. Hooray!

Have any of you seen the new nickels? There is one that I love. On the back, with a view of the ocean it says, "Ocean in view! O! The joy!" Hmm. Now that's a cheap Christmas idea for me...!

7 comments:

Claire said...

Ha ha! Great post! Thanks fer the flour. Okay- maybe I can even get you TWO Christmas nickels without stretching the budget too much.

Mrs. RF said...

Hey, the boxes do disapear- eventually! I will have to look for Christmas nickels as well- I haven't noticed any yet!

Booker said...

happy unpacking day!!! Don't spread it about to fast tho, or it will become a shopping day :)

Silas said...

Vinegar or BBQ sauce. yummmmmm... You should tell Nate that he can only throw aways as much stuff as the times that he updates...

The weather down threr still must be in the 80's??!

Loreo said...

VINEGAR AS A CONDIMENT?!?! I guess maybe that's old school? That must be interesting to have to SHOUT ABOUT THE JOYS OF A RESTFUL SABBATH!!!!! You guys are so lucky to be near each other in a warm state, visiting and helping each other! :)

Jill said...

Goody! A new blog! I check yours frequently for updates. Glad to hear you're settling in well. How fun to have the fam so nearby. I know how you feel about the boxes. Our attic is loaded with stuff I didn't have the energy to sort through. Maybe when the kids are in college I'll get up the gumption to figure out what's what!

Kristi said...

The title made me smile -- I wish I could peek in your windows and then visit for awhile!