Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Further Up and Further In!

Yesterday I finished reading the Chronicles of Narnia to the children. We've read them all over the last few months, from The Magician's Nephew to The Last Battle in chronological order. We were sad to come to the end and wishing there were more to enjoy. I had a hard time keeping the tears at bay while I read about Aslan's Country. The more beautiful, more real Narnia within Narnia, with the colors and smells and breezes far better than the imagination can handle. I especially loved the description of being able to swim up a waterfall with no effort at all. All the time I was reading aloud, I was longing to be there in heaven myself. To see Andrew again and laugh with him again, and to see others that I miss so much, and most of all to see Jesus. Further up and further in, my friends. It won't be long now!

5 comments:

Kate said...

On Penny! Amen to that. I do so love that book. and a happy Sabbath to you!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the Narnia books.The funnyist Characters(I think)where:

#1. Reepicheep
#2. Puddleglum
#3. Bree

A.B.H

Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! as you say.
R 2.

Anonymous said...

A.B.H THAT GO'S FOR ME TO. BUT I like.

#1.Reepicheep
#2.Bree
#3.puddleglum

G.V.H

KW said...

It's neat to think about how
even the great Wonders of the
world (this world) are just a tiny
shadow of the 'wonders' we'll
see in Heaven. Can't wait to
see Andrew again too...