Friday, March 18, 2005

It's Been One of Those Days...

You know how sometimes in the grocery store you pass someone with a squeaky cart? You either get annoyed by the sound, or you think to yourself, "I'm glad that isn't me!" Well, today, it was me. If I went slow enough it wasn't bad, but I was in a hurry, so of course it was loud and annoying. I felt like everyone was looking at me and you all know how much I like to draw attention to myself!
Then, my day continued at the gas station. I think there is something wrong with our what-do-you-call-it thingy that stops the pump when your tank is full. I was standing there enjoying the day, glad to not be wearing a coat, when it dawned on me that I had been there a while...so I looked to see how many gallons I'd pumped and it seemed close, so...well, to make a long story short, when I pulled out the nozzle there was a splash of gas down by my feet! Cute. I've heard all of these horror stories where cars explode if there is a spark of static electricity near the gas, so I was very careful when I climbed into my car!
I drove away with a sigh of relief to have that done and headed toward the car wash. No real adventure here until I pulled out and got ready to head down the road toward home. As I said, I'd been enjoying the day and the good weather, and decided to open my sunroof. Big mistake. Water came pouring down over my head and onto my suede jacket in the passenger seat! Duh! Boy did I feel dumb!
So there you have it, and we haven't even left for Fairwood yet...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I am interested in hearing about the rest of the day! Should be good!

Love,

Mrs. RF

Anonymous said...

I understand your pain,the carts at Home Depot are really bad.
boo The.D.Are.F.T.D.
(try to decode it)
C.S.H

pennyjean said...

Okay, Silas, I give up...what's the answer?

Anonymous said...

Your still alive! well at least you din't get a speeding ticket...
Tash.( The dwarfs are for the dwarfs!
Boooooo00)