Sunday, March 13, 2005

Snow

Spring is my favorite season. All winter, every time it snows, every time the temperature drops, every time we have to deal with driving in icy conditions, I gripe and complain, wishing spring was here. While I still feel that way, this weekend, I must admit, I have been enjoying this latest snow storm. It's the sticky kind that covers everything and the trees are beautiful! The windows in our apartment in Paul and Laura's basement, all look out onto the woods. It's actually breathtaking. I'm sure that tomorrow, when I have to face the cold again, I will be back to my normal self, longing for spring, but today I am thankful for the beauty of the snow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to have found your blog (via Brad and Claire's and Nate's). What delicious fun it has been to have all my friends' blogs lined up on my favorites list where I can go for a quick 'home fix'when I am homesick. Yay!
Much love from J'lem. Kate

ljm said...

Hi Penny,
I like the title of your blog...It's fun to stay in touch by reading these things!
I'm sorry about all that hate generated by Mr. Tate or whoever...

Anonymous said...

I agree! It sure has been so pretty to see all the snow! Yes, I too am ready for spring- maybe this will be the last big snow??!!Meanwhile it is good of the Lord to make it so beautiful for us to enjoy!

Mrs. RF

Linds said...

Hurray for you, your blog, and yes, the pretty snow. But I will rejoice LOUDLY w/ you when Spring does finally arrive!
Linds :)

Anonymous said...

spring is to snow as winter is to rain. I love bad weather!!!
mr Tate