Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Oops

Brad has told me that, with my lead foot, it's just a matter of time before I get a speeding ticket. Well, today it happened.
I saw the flashing lights behind me and pulled over thinking he wanted to pass me, but when he slowed down with me, I knew I was in trouble. The officer was very kind though. He asked how I was and I smiled nervously, "I'm doing good...I think...?" He laughed and explained that I took a hill a little too fast. I can't believe I didn't cry. I always thought I would. The hardest part was the waiting while he went back to his car with my license and registration. He finally came back...with a ticket. He very kindly apologized for being the bearer of bad news and sent me on my way. Needless to say, I crept through the rest of my day. I do not want to go through that again!

7 comments:

Brad said...

Hah! I COULD say I told you so, but I won't. Sorry, Pen, that's no fun at all. Nar, as Nate would say.

Anonymous said...

Penny
I read your blog and felt sorry for you all over again. Wahh. May it never happen again. Enjoyed chatting this evening!
Love,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

do things ever go right for you???
c.s.h

Anonymous said...

One good thing about a lead foot is you never need to carry a hammer.
Keep pounding away!
Tashland

Anonymous said...

of course you where going up hill when you got a speeding ticket. weren't not all of us... ''but Officer I din't want to go rolling back down the hill
I need to keep some momentum...90mph is not fast!...
Tash (csh)

Silas said...

Is nate going to go mad about no one
going to his web site?
we all want to know thanks.

Anonymous said...

you said it Tash, by the way what is your weel name, silas. haha.